UNIVASSIST 2016 FALL LATIN AMERICA TOURS
Download Tours Package
||LATIN AMERICA TOUR
||High school visits
|TOUR DATES 2016
||04 – 17 Sept.
||18 – 27 Sept.
||ECUADOR (Quito, Guayaquil), COLOMBIA (Cali, Bogotá), COSTA RICA (San José),
HONDURAS (Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula), PANAMA (Panama City)
||BRAZIL (Fortaleza, Brasília, Rio de Janeiro, Porto Alegre, São Paulo)
||8 cities, 14 days
||5 cities, 10 days
|EARLY BIRD DEADLINES**
||29 January, 26 February, 25 March (see application package for full details on discounts and
|SCHOOL VISITS PER CITY
||2 – 4 high schools, including national schools
||Air travel within tour countries, hotel accommodations, ground transportation,
breakfast at the hotels, orientation session, school visits, wrap-up report
* Order of cities as indicated here may not be final order on the tour schedule.
** Signing up for tours prior to Early Bird Deadlines as noted above qualifies for Early Bird pricing as indicated.
- SMALL GROUP FORMAT (typically 15 or fewer participants): Providing enhanced high-quality student interaction
- PERSONALIZED AND EXPERIENCED TOUR LEADERS: Tours accompanied by regional academic system experts who counsel and teach U.S.-bound students
- HIGH SCHOOL VISITS: Primary focus on school visits, including national schools, to ensure highly productive events
We welcome you to read about our participants' experiences by visiting Testimonials
||Hotel accommodations will be provided at leading hotels. Our priority is to provide you with a safe,
hassle-free and comfortable experience. All accommodations will be single occupancy, and include basic internet service.
|AIR TRAVEL WITHIN REGION*
||Inter-city air travel within tour countries during the tour is included. Flights will be economy
class*. Most airlines allow checked luggage up to 15-20 kg (33-44 lbs).
||Group airport transfers during the tour and local transportation to visit schools/colleges are included.
Airport pick-up is also included up to 48 hours before the tour begins, and airport drop-off is included on tour
||An orientation session will be held in the city where the tour begins, to brief the travelers about regional
macroeconomic trends, education systems, recruiting practices, etc.
||The schools/colleges to be visited will be notified in advance and provided with marketing material to advertise
visiting institutions. Students are provided with a booklet that includes information about visiting institutions.
|PARTICIPANT MOBILE APP
||Mobile app for tour participants including itinerary, school profiles, feedback forms, FAQs, tourism information,
|STUDENT MOBILE APP
||Mobile application for students worldwide includes a library of partner university profiles, event registration
to simultaneously encourage post-event engagement, Q&A forums, information about higher education in the U.S., etc.
All tour and fair participants will have the opportunity to complete and activate their university profile on this
student mobile app.
||A post-tour wrap-up report will be provided with details regarding schools/colleges visited, counselor contacts, etc.
||Please budget $50-60 per day for meals per person. Breakfast is included at the hotels. A
Welcome Dinner is included on the tours only.
||Airfare between the traveler’s home country and tour country (to and from), passport and visa expenses,
travel insurance, airport taxes, overweight baggage charges, shipment of materials to and within tour/fair
countries, personal expenses (such as laundry charges, telecommunication, room service, tips), local
transportation other than those mentioned, etc. are not included.
* Flights are subject to change. Any increase of over 5% in airline travel 60 days before tour commencement will be invoiced separately.
TOUR APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Please complete the attached Application form and submit it with the required deposit.
Payment of the balance of the tour costs is due 60 days prior to the commencement
of the tour. If tour fees are not received 60 days before commencement of tour,
the institution may be dropped from the tour and cancellation fees will apply. KIC
UnivAssist may choose to break the group into multiple groups with a similar construct
to the original tour to retain the small group format in case the number of participants
exceeds 15. If for any reason KIC UnivAssist cannot accommodate an institution on
the tour, their fees including deposits will be fully refunded.
TOUR CANCELLATION & FEES REFUND POLICY
If you are unable to take part in the tour after having confirmed your participation
through a completed application, KIC UnivAssist may refund a portion of your fees
upon cancellation as per the following policy:
|> 60 DAYS PRIOR to tour commencement
||46 – 60 DAYS PRIOR to tour commencement
||31 – 45 DAYS PRIOR to tour commencement
||30 DAYS OR LESS to tour commencement
|100% of the refundable charges
||50% of the refundable charges
||25% of the refundable charges
NOTE: Tour deposit is not refundable.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- An educational institution may choose to send multiple travelers on a tour. Additional
travelers will pay 75% of the full tour price.
- Alumni and/or any additional non-tour participants/representatives are considered additional travelers, and are subject to the 75% additional traveler fee. Any additional representatives (beyond the single tour traveler) are not permitted to stand at an institution's table without prior permission and fee agreement.
- Participating institutions must be accredited two-year, four-year and/or graduate
- The individual(s) traveling must have knowledge of their institution's admissions
policies and procedures.
- The institution will be liable for the entire tour cost even if the traveler(s)
only attends a partial tour.
- KIC UnivAssist reserves the right to make changes to the tour if, in its judgment,
the change will be in the best interest of the participants. This may include itinerary
changes to cities, order of cities, school visits in a particular city, accommodations,
- Participant/traveler acknowledges and agrees that KIC UnivAssist shall not be liable
for any loss, injury, delay or damage from any cause beyond its control.
- KIC UnivAssist is not responsible for personal or travel and health insurance and
recommends that travelers purchase appropriate insurance and plan for contingencies.
- All prices mentioned here are based on exchange rates as of December 2015 and are subject to change.
- Tour deposits are non-refundable.
- Institutions are liable for tour fees as indicated in the cancellation and refund
- Educational institutions and their travelers must support and adhere to NAFSA's
Statement of Ethical Principles.
- In case a university changes the individual(s) traveling, cancellation and rebooking
charges will be billed to the participating university.
Please scan and email the completed and signed application form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to 55 Union Place #146, Summit, NJ 07901,
U.S. For wire transfer instructions, contact us at (646) 623-7790.
KIC accepts deposits via check or wire transfer. Transactions must be in U.S. dollars.
Checks must be drawn on a bank with a U.S. branch in the name of KIC UnivAssist
LLC. KIC UnivAssist's tax EIN number is 27-2134327.
The application package is available here:
Download Tours Package